Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I'm sold!
I just ordered a Supratek Chardoney and now the problem is the waiting part. I ordered mine with the a Home Theater pass thru and a remote. Thanks for the info Bwhite and Slowhand.
The HT pass thru is good if you want to combine a home theater set-up with your two channel stereo. When you activate it the preamp gives up the volume control to the HT processor.
Uh... I ordered my first preamp with a home theater pass through (this was Mick's first attempt at doing this custom option)...Mick didn't quite get it right and as a result, my preamp was a bit flakey - and as I have learned recently, not up to the quality of the "stock" Supratek's.

Mick realized he made a mistake on the Cinema by-pass for my first preamp and made me another one. Again - there were problems with the by-pass. Mick did a completely different design but I haven't quite figured out how to use it - it doesn't work very well at all and honestly causes more problems than it was worth. I disconnected it myself because it was causing a buzzing sound - acting like an antenna. A local amplifier manufacturer is going to fix this for me & Mick has agreed to pay for the expense.

In all honesty - those who order Suprateks will be much better off buying stock units and having the extra stuff put on by someone else. Mick is too busy building these things to be troubled with working out the bugs on a design he has yet to think out completely. This will make itself evident when you receive your "custom" Supratek.

While the Cinema By-Pass feature seems to be very attractive - it truly isn't all that much different than plugging the preamp outputs of your home theater reciever directly into a pair of the Supratek inputs - setting the volume to 12 o'clock and turning the selector knob to the desired input. Use your processor/receiver to adjust the volume.
Thanks a lot for the info Bwhite, I will email Mick and cancel the pass thru modification.
If I remember correctly I read on another thread that you used to have an EMC-1, how does it sound with the Supratek?

thanks again,