Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
Maxmad's speaker wire, or any other system component frankly, may well be responsible for the metallic tone up top...
What's your system Maxmad?
Amp is Cary CAD 300sei classic model

Speakers are Tannoy D700

Speakers cable is Supra Ply 3.4/S

CD player Unison Research Unico with 2x ECC82 in output stage

THX
ok Maxmad, looks like your system would be high on what we neurotic audiophiles would call "musicality"!

Gsm18439 please keep us all posted. Perhaps you could also borrow a pair of Psvane WE-300B clones, burn them all in, then invite us all over for a listen...?
Chartles1dad,
I wish I could compare the RPs to other premium tubes, but my 300b history is: Golden Dragons (came stock), Carbon Princesses, and the RPs.

First, I agree with you that all 300b tubes aren’t ideal with all 300b amps, regardless of specs.

Many of our peers wince at the word musicality; but that, in a nutshell, is exactly what is so special about these tubes. They offer all of the audiophile characteristics that are important to me, in a balanced, natural way, that brings me much closer to my ultimate goal of suspending disbelief that I’m listening to real music. And for those who think enhancing musicality and detail are mutually exclusive endeavors, I think these tubes would be a real illumination.

That said, my amp requires four of these suckers, and I would be delighted to find that I can have RP performance or better, for less.

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks Phaelon,
Your objectives/quest are the same as mine, get the music reproduction as 'natural' and 'real' as is possible. Musicality is a definite positive and very flattering term in my book.