Yamamoto A-08S and Audio Note ANe

Would the Yamamoto A-O8S be able to drive Audio Note ANe LX HE speakers?

thanks!
rocca
Sorry if you Moto lovers are offended but I did mean to say that it is not the right /best amp for the AN speakers and not that it is low end in sound. Most AN speakers are driven by high $$$ amps to bring out the best in the speakers and not by cheaper amps.

I am sure the Moto amp is a fine sounding amp as I have heard it at shows but not with the AN speakers.
> Most AN speakers are driven by high $$$ amps to bring out the
> best in the speakers and not by cheaper amps.

Yamamoto A-08S is $3200. I guess that makes the Atma-sphere S-30 a cheap amplifier and the First Watt amplifiers cheap too.

There is certainly a wide continuum of pricing out there, and one person's cheap is another person's expensive, but anything over $2K would not be called cheap by me.
I've been doing this audio thing for 50+ years and believe there is a mild positive correlation between price and performance.

However, it is not a hard and fast rule by any means that high price equals high performance. Far from it in fact.

IMO
As with any amp-speaker matching question it depends HIGHLY on your room size and listening levels. What are they?

I've had HE AN/Es (the Kit 3s) and they are wonderful with the Yamamoto 45 or any 45 SET if you can accept mild volume restrictions. In my very large room I could play at 85 dB or so; any more than that and dynamics were clearly suffering. As a matter of fact the Yamamoto importer loved them with that speaker as did David Cope, former Audio Note importer.

(A 'crazy' idea would be to get two and bi-amp. You would not really be getting twice the power but there would be an improvement.)
The Yamamoto A-08S is a great amp but it does not have sufficient power to drive the AN speakers properly. Neither do the Wavelength Lightning 45 or the Audio Note Neiro.

I have the speakers in my showroom and have had all those amps here for extended periods.

Believe whom you choose.

Dealer disclaimer