Modwright KWA 150 and Proac D38R

Hi I am unable to test this amp (which I have purchased) on the Proac D38R which I am considering. Particularly keen to know if the Modwright can control the bass and make the Proac sound good at low volumes.

Your thoughts would be welcome.

I tried the Proac with the Conrad Johnson ET 250S and was not happy with the sound at low volumes - there was very low midrange coming through relative to bass and highs.

Would the Modwright do a better job?
acdvd
Andrew, if you read the 6moons review of the KWA-150 you will notice reviewer Srajan Ebaen tested the KWA-150 with a pair of 97db/12ohm efficient Zu Essence speakers and there were no issues. Coming back to your OP, Srajan commented bass was excellent and low level detail was "phenominal" paired with the Zu's.
The OP isn't asking about a match with 97dB/12 ohm Zu speakers.

He's asking about a match with 91dB/4 ohm Proac speakers.

Equating an amp/speaker match on 97dB/12 ohm speakers to an amp/speaker match on 91dB/4 ohm speakers demonstrates a basic lack of understanding of the topic.
01-02-11: Tvad

"Equating an amp/speaker match on 97dB/12 ohm speakers to an amp/speaker match on 91dB/4 ohm speakers demonstrates a basic lack of understanding of the topic."

Tvad, I was simply commenting that in the 6moons review the KWA-150 did not overwhelm even more efficient speakers. The KWA-150 is in fact capable of driving far less efficient speakers than the mentioned Proacs. I was simply assuring the OP this choice of amp will not over power the Proacs. You're reading too much into my comments.