Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Mick just let me know that my Syrah is finished and will ship today. Yippie! It will be a strange feeling when I get it, not having to wait in anticipation anymore - I may have to order some power amps now to get that nice anticipation feeling again ;-) Echoing Chih38's question, I do wonder how Mick's power amps stack up.
Outlier,
Congradulations on the Syrah shipping!! When did you order it?? Mick received my order in June, so I am hoping for a Xmas present! ( or Thanksgiving??)
Outlier,
Congrats! It ships really fast considering the distance. I know what you mean about no more anticipation. Waiting for my Syrah was always somewhere on my mind. Don't worry, now all you will think about is getting home from work so you can listen to your 'new' music system.
Ever have so many people tell you how great a movie is that you work your expectations really high then when you see it, it can't possibly live up to all you thought it would be and you are somewhat dissapointed? Well, that's definitely not the case with the Supratek. It really all it's cracked up to be. The Real Deal. I started listening and it was a revelation...I kept mumbling to myself.."I never knew music could sound like this..." I suppose I have heard most adjectives to describe music reproduction and understand most of them, at least on an intellectual level. I now know I never knew what 'inner detail' and 'micro-dynamics' really are. Until now. It has vastly improved my entire system. I really have much more appreciation for the importance of a good preamp.
I think it's important to get some good tubes also. I got several and am working my way through them.
Enjoy,
Patrick
Good to hear it ships fast - I live in Silicon Valley (like BWhite), so hopefully I'll share the same fast shipping experience he had of three or four days

Noble110, to answer your question, I ordered my preamp in and around April 24th (the day I got word of my new job - I went for the Supratek as a bit of a celebratary gift).

Rockhead, good to hear you're still loving your Syrah. I can't wait as I have to put my brand new turntable through its paces as well (and I'm a vinyl newbie). Fun tims ahead, but it never ends - I'm eyeing up my cables now as upgrade candidates ;-)
I received mine in San Jose in about 4 days (that was last November). Be prepared for an invoice a couple of weeks later on from FedEx for Import Duty charges (mine were $105). Some people get charged some don't.

I only wish I had room for my Syrah anymore--had to move out of my dedicated room and now it doesn't see much action. It is a really nice piece of equipment both aesthetically and musically.

RobertM