Music Reference RM Mono?

I am using an RM10 MKII (35 watts) with my Merlin VSMs (89db, smooth, high impedance)in an 18x12 ft room. Listen to jazz at moderate listening levels (I think)- it plays plenty loud with 35 watts. I was wondering if I would get any significant improvement by buying another and running them as monoblocks with 70 watts given the type of music I listen to and the size of my room. Any Music Reference lovers try the monoblock congifuration? Better? In what way? I'm think another 3db is volume isn't going to make any difference to me, but....
pubul57
I'm think another 3db is volume isn't going to make any difference to me, but....

That's what Roger basically told me. My room is 18.5 x 14.75, and we listen to the same type of music. I'm even light loading mine and do not notice any side effects. There is plenty of oomph.

Roger did mention there might be some improvement in separation, but he didn't seem to think it would be revelatory.
My feeling, rightly or wrongly, is that well designed stereo amps do, for all practicle purposes, separation as well as monoblocks - with much of the theoretical advantage being more part marketing than real improvement, except in the case of poorly designed gear with poor cross talk performance. Of course, you do need monoblocks for high power tube applications - got to put all those tubes somewhere:) I too am using light loading, can't here much (any?) difference so if it is easier on the tubes, less distortion and more linear output, why not. Roger's repsonse to me had nothing to do with mono versus stereo, simply said I might (might) get more bass output if I went with the RM200, he was not leaning towards a move to the mono option - but, I have not heard it, so....
One of the best things about mono's is that they are much lighter and you don't need a crane to help you move high power SS class A or Tube amps around. For lower power though, stereo will serve most folks well, except for the few that have associated equipment and listening skills that will easily reveal the marginal increase in benefits from monos, such as power supplies, and channel separation.