Music Reference RM Mono?

I am using an RM10 MKII (35 watts) with my Merlin VSMs (89db, smooth, high impedance)in an 18x12 ft room. Listen to jazz at moderate listening levels (I think)- it plays plenty loud with 35 watts. I was wondering if I would get any significant improvement by buying another and running them as monoblocks with 70 watts given the type of music I listen to and the size of my room. Any Music Reference lovers try the monoblock congifuration? Better? In what way? I'm think another 3db is volume isn't going to make any difference to me, but....
pubul57
I think that the speaker’s impedance has everything to do with whether 1 or 2 RM10’s are needed. I initially tried 1 RM10 to drive my Totem Mani’s (notoriously difficult load) and then went to a 2nd RM10. The extra 3db headroom was a blessing with my Mani’s, even though I typically listen at low volume levels. When I used the RM10 with my Quad 63’s I noticed no difference between stereo or mono block.

Regarding tubes, I used Amperex for both the EL84’s and 12ax7’s. I found that the Amperex added a little “sweetness” that the EI’s didn’t display.
Agree with Jaffeassc, speaker impedance curve would play a big part as to whether stereo or monoblocks would be needed.
Well, since the Merlins are 8ohm, 6.5 min (VERY EASY TO DRIVE)I feel that much better with sticking with 1. I like and believe in the idea that, other than power output, fewer power tubes sound better than more output tubes in the circuitry. Along with my belief that lower powered versions of any circuit will sound better than hiogher powered versions - unless you need the power.
Anthony, can you hear any difference between using the 4 ohm and 8 ohm taps with your Audiokinesis speakers?
Yes, it's more linear, especially noticeable in the lower frequencies. Not sure if this is due to lower distortion or the fact there is less stress on the tubes and the amp operates more efficiently. In some ways it appears to have more balls which is evident in transient attacks. You would not think this to be the case since it loses about 25% of it's power, and a little more with my speakers since they operate at around 10 ohms on average. Pretty incredible design is all I have to say. A local friend of my has an early RM-9 and the RM-10 is much cleaner at about 25% of the rated power of the RM-9.