Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Ads, I'm a tube guy, but if you like the Spectral/Supratek combo, I'd be hard pressed to find an alternative; I think that you might miss that iron fist authority of the Spectral's and their vanishingly low "noise floor". On the other hand, if that was the case, then I'd expect that you would have hated the noise of analog too, so somewhat perplexed what to recommend. When bwhite was putting some gear together, I recommended the 100W LAMM 1.1 monos. They're hybrid tube input, SS out and everyone i know has loved them. bwhite hasn't said much about them to me, but you might ask him. Apart from that, you'd be into a ton-o-tubes and I don't think that's the right move for you right away.

What did you have in mind: stay with SS, $ to spend, etc.?
Asa, coming from the pro audio arena where SS rules (except for the mic pre's and compressors where we are looking to tame digital) I've been extremely happy with my ALL Spectral/Avalon system for many years.
Had my friend not pick up on a used Cortese and introduced it to me, I'd still be there. But as yo know for yourself, once you experience what Mick's creation can do for music enjoyment, you're hooked (at least to Mick's gear). I was curious as whether there is an amp out there that would make a similar improvement to my enjoyment. I know Mick is talking about some 100W babies and if they were available now, I'd order them sight unheard. I'm that confident with what he is doing, but they aren't and according to Mick it may be a very very long time before he can resume that project as he is so busy building pre's for all of us. I thank you for you candid comments and most likely will retain the DMA360's. They are incredible amps!
I've been following this thread for a few months and have emailed back and forth with Mick. I'm very tempted to order the Syrah preamp (or conceivably even the Cortese) but a practical issue keeps intruding. The dimensions of the preamp and power supply (hwd) seem to require quite a bit of rack real estate and I'm trying to figure out of there's a trick to getting a normal rack to accomodate these units. I have a fairly typical 20" (or so) wide Salamander rack, which means that the units, which are 13" wide, can't sit side by side. Plus they need eight inches of vertical clearance, so that means two full shelves and the shelves have to be moved up/down to accomodate these things, thereby intruding on the other equipment. Am I missing something? Is there a way to configure the preamp and power supply to fit and leave room for everything else?

Thanks
Slowhand, sorry for not responding. I have been out of commission with oral surgery (still am actually). TWL pretty much took care of it though.

Be back in a few more days.
Ads, I´m going to try the combination Cortese-KR Kronzilla. This are dual mono-blocks 100+100 Watts RMS using two KR 1610 tubes per amp in parallel. I don´t have it with me yet but in the seller´s opinion "this Amps give the wonderful SET musicality with the power to run real speakers. Have supurb bass and smooth, delicate highs and midrange.
The 1610 tubes run very cool, have tremendous tube life and give wonderful musicality with much tighter bass and focus than 300B tubes".
I asked Mick and he told me that he has in his home a similar combination (Cortese-KR VT8000) and that it works very well.