Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Has anyone compared the Suprateks to the CAT SL 1 Ultimate. These two are on my short list.
Thanks
Hi all. have been away from this forum for awhile. Just received my 2nd Cortese and it is even better than the last.
Mick seems to have settle on only two tubes in the line stage. Not as much gain, but less tube noise thus less messing with fussy tubes.
I don't know if any of you have followed Mick's recommendation and tried any of The Music Cables cabling from Australia. Well I have and they are truly amazing. Very well built, very very quiet (they use a solid copper shield-return), and as nuetral sounding cable as I have had the pleasure to listen through.
An incredible marriage with the Cortese (going in and out).
And they are really affordable. King, the owner/designer was very helpful with his recommendations as to what cable to use where. And he offers a money back guarantee. It took about 7-10 days to arrive from Austalia. Try them, they really are a state of the art product!
www.the-music-cable.com
I ordered mine oct. 1 and am still waiting.............. The wait is brutal. ope to hear from Mick soon!
Alright! Who has this preamp,lives in NYC (preferably Manhattan) and would be interested in conducting a preamp shootout? I have a CAT SL-1 Ultimate and a First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II 4.0 with dual power supplies. Let me know what the rest of your system is and where you are located. I would also be interested in hearing the Lamm L-2 and the Emotive Audio Sira. Also, bring along your H-CAT P-12.