Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
How long does it take to clear customs? Mick shipped my cortese on 2/24 and it has been in Memphis for 2 weeks waiting to clear customs.
Tok20000 - you and I have talked about this so YOU know I am still on that analog high baby!! However I presume that eventually I will come down and get back into digital - in one way or another. I remember having a lot of fun with digital - messing with several interconnects and PC combos. Truth is without all the remote features of a CD player, its a tedious process to audition analog setups - and not much fun from a "shape your sound" stand point.

My big gripe with digital right now is that there is just so much missing on a CD. Yes... there are great recordings and Yes.. there are fantastic players but... The CD itself is the problem. I find that no powercord can replace the atmosphere lost in a recording when it is compressed to fit a CD.

As you go up the chain of great CD players, you'll find that each is much the same as a digital effects processor and as a result has its own sonic signature. Tounge in cheek, I guess it wont be long before Sony has a button that switches their gear between the "Levinson effect", "Krell effect", "Conrad Johnson effect" or Audio Note effect.... or even 37,000 MBL Effects. :)

Digital is an illusion.
Jazzdude, it should only take a day or two to clear customs. In my experience FedEx occasionally requires a few forms to be filled out for international delivery. Perhaps you should contact FedEx and see what's going on.

Also - they have been known to refund shipping costs AND waive the duties when this type of error occurs.
Streetdaddy... Check out www.acousticsounds.com and you'll find some great "new" and re-release LPs.

What type of music do you like?
Jazzdude, I also had to complete a form received from Fed Exp. to get it released from customs. So contact them if you have not received a release form.