Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I agree Bwite. I have never heard a conditioner in my system that didn't have a signature. Power cords for the proper application are a better solution for filtering than conditioning devices IMO. I have gone the mile of putting in multiple dedicated circuits with hospital grade outlets, a couple of those Albert Porter cryoed Hubbles along with a few others. The Hubbles are extremely well constructed and really grab. Contact is so very important. I also use 10 guage wire from the outlet to the breaker, a bit overkill I admit but this whole hobby is filled with that and I feel in excellent company with this crowd. The dedicated outlet/power cord route is probably a better solution for most and should be considered before going the conditioner route and having it end up in a closet or basement. "For What Its' Worth"
Like Bwhite & Tubegroover power conditioners did not enhanse my system. Their suggests to try different PCs and spend the money on better in the wall wiring, IMO is a better place to spend your power money.

I'm currently talking with Maui's solar expert to get off the grid. Yes, it's an investment, but unlike power conditioners there's a long term cost saving in addition to
cleaner power.

Sherod- if you try the bpt products please give us some feedback.

Aloha.
if i needed some extra outlets, i guess i could just get one of PS Audio's juice bars, or Cardas Audio's power strip...
Well folks, I ordered a syrah oct.2 and mick has just now started making it. It is a full 6 months before production. These guys aren't kidding about the wait. I'll post when i put it into my system: Emc1 cd player, rowland model 10, piega p10 speakers,vd pc's, az silver2 ic's, coincident sc's.
Six months is a long time IMHO. At some point, I would think that orders should be slowed, or buyers apprised, ahead of time, about length of wait. Basically, I'm glad people are getting a great product, that Mick is being rewarded for his work, but I know audiophiles are an antsy group when it comes to getting that next component. Would hate Mick's rep to suffer because he took on too much, no matter how well meaning...I've seen it happen before to some real nice guys...On the other hand, this is what happens when people BS'd over years find a great product, and, wonders of wonders, the new, small manufacturer doesn't let the small-fish-bowl notoriety go to his head and jack the prices up - which happens many many times. So, there's that too. Oh well, just have to wait I suppose.