Sonus Faber Stradivari amp: X600.5 or X1000.5 ?

Hello,

I want to know which power amp is better for my new speakers (Sonus Faber Stradivari) combined with ARC REF3. Ive just listened a few days ago the X350.5 and i loved it so much. Right now i have a pair of MC-501 but i'm a little dissapointed of them when i try to listen to some complex music like rock and others. Is X1000.5 a good choice for it or X600.5? The X1000.5 have 2000 wats in 4ohms?
Anyone listened to both of them. Let me know.

Thanks.
johnb30
Onemug:

I'm listening at such levels very rare. Almost 90% of the time the speakers are at 10-20watts but sometimes when i'm getting some drinks and want to hit it hard i kick it to 500 watts. This happends like 2-3 times a week no more then 1-2 hours. All the other time i keep it at max 5-10watts. But i still want to be able to play it very loud when i'm in that mood.
And also when i'm watching a movie on my cinema i switch my Strads to my klipsch that are hors with 99db sensitivity and i think this XA160.5 should be enough to play it very loud on that to.
Extreme levels! That's not safe.

If you listen at a lower level, your ears will open after a few minutes. You will actually hear more of the music and deeper into the recording.

The X.5 series is a relatively good value, and can provide brute force. But as Onemug said, you are paying for quantity rather than quality. The XA.5 does the power thing quite well, while also providing finesse and beauty. It comes down to priorities.
Rtn1:

A few days ago i listened on my system the X350.5 and pushed the ARC REF3 to 60-65 and it was very loud. The amp was in perfect control of the speakers without any distortion or compression. The metter of X350.5 was over the half.
Johnb30,
I asked Kent at Pass about the XA100.5 versus the X350.5 driving a difficult load. He told me that in listening tests, the panel preferred the XA.5 and mentioned sonics but also its ability to control low frequencies and low impedances speakers. My speakers are a 4 ohm load and only 86dB efficient, so I switched from the XA100.5 to the XA160.5. With your speakers, you should have no trouble with either, IMO. I suggest you talk to Pass Labs and then demo a pair from RENO HIFI or a local dealer to be sure before you buy.
Ive just ordered a pair of XA160.5. In max one month it should be here. Thanks for all advices and i hope i will be very happy with my new pair of amps.
Thanks.