Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
What about warranty if you buy second hand, is it transferable? I'm going to join club of happy Supratek owners somewhere in the future. So I really appreciate this thread.
I am the owner who just sold his just after getting it. Everything was great and build quality is top notch. I was forced to sell to raise $$$ for moving expenses. It takes so long to get one, a lot of things change in 7 months!
I sold mine for full list price and think that it was totally fair. 2650 for the pre and remote, 200 for nos tubes, 130 shipping, 150 for customs, tube dampers 20. Some people emailed me asking why i was selling a "used" preamp over list price. This thing was brand new{ less than 2 weeks} and you don't have to wait 7 months. Do the math and it comes up to over $3k. I know i would have bought it 7 months ago.
It's been since last october that I commented on this forum, but I just had to tell all who may read this that Mick's Cortese is a work of art! Nothing I've tried has even approached its ability to convey music in my listen room as though it were REAL, ALIVE, RIGHT THERE BEFORE ME! If you are contemplating buying one, do it now. Don't wait another minute. There is so much enjoyment ahead for you. This preamp (and all the comments from others in the forum) brought me back to vinyl and I couldn't be more please. Vinyl through the Cortese's phono stage is magical. It is music with all the life and dynamics that exist in the real thing.
Now I've ordered Mick's new Burgundy mono block amps. 100w into 8 ohm (more into 4). Each channel consists of two chassis. One is the power supply the other the drive and output section. The size of each is that of the Cortese's chassis. I've got some pictures of the prototypes if anyone is interested (oltzhome@aol.com). Can't wait (you know the story- months after months), but at least I've got my Cortese to keep me company.
I ordered my cortese in the middle of november and it was completed in the end of february, much sooner than I expected. So not everyone has the long wait. Don't know why mine was done so quickly but it is a linestage only with no source selector so that may have been a factor.

Someone here recently commented on the "open" tube style of the preamp's design. I think that is one of the strengths of the preamp since it allows for a wider selection of tube substitutes. It also allows the tubes to resonate in the open and dissipate heat.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about people selling the Supratek's. Firstly, be glad that they do sell. Secondly, if you are a happy owner why would you care what someone else thinks of your preamp. I have purchased about $7k in NOS tubes for my cortese, a lifetime supply. Me and my cortese will be together till I croak.
Good. Very happy for you guys.

I went out on a limb and wrote a glowing review on the Supratek (never published by UA) a couple years back when there were only a few units in the country and have been very supportive in encouraging others to buy it, so, more than usual, I watch to see if people are hearing what I did and are happy. If not, then I want to hear that too.

Yes, its a no brainer...and, good point about the NOS tubes: without them I also hear it as subtlely, um, too clear, or, perhaps, a tendancy towards that with the wrong matched IC's, and particularly wrong IC's on all digital systems. Something to keep in mind if it sounds a bit "lean" in harmonics...