Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Tonnesen, do not hesitate to try the cables that Mick recommends, The Music Cables (www.the-music-cables.com). I am now using them in my entire system with great pleasure. Very neutral and QUIET! They are relatively inexpensive, as cabling goes these days and you have a money back guaranted.
Mike, back on 9-29-02 Bwhite indicated the TMC cables are so stiff as to make them difficult to deal with. Do you find them to be stiff but managable?
wow...461 posts...is this a record? Hell, makes me want to buy a vinyl for the first time in 20+ years just to....belong.
I don't have any vinyl. I have Cortese. Heck, we don't care what you got anyway. It's where your interest lie that matters.
Jeff ss & Mike - yep. I used the TMC cables and found them to be "okay" sounding. Of course I was comparing to Audio Note and NBS which wasn't exactly fair. Having tried many cables, I'd have to put the TMC in the same league as most lower end audio cables. In my system at least, these are not giant killers. For 60 bucks a pair used, they are certainly worth trying though - if you're curious.

A bit of advice, If you buy the TMC's from the factory, see if you can get upgraded connectors. The standard locking RCA's are a pain to use and tarnish rapidly. Mine turned from gold to black in about two weeks. Also, the stiffness of the cables makes them difficult to work with... if not bent, they can/will lift your supratek off the rack a bit so it only sits on three of the four feet.