Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
How tall are the feet?

I'm getting a Chardonnay ( black with Chrome ) in 6 weeks and I have RixRax stand that has 8.0" between shelves. None of the photos on Supratek website show the feet. Mick has told me he may need to put on shorter feet to meet my 8.0" requirement.

I'm considering asking Mick to replace stock feet with BDR ( 1.0" ) or StillPoints ( 1.125" ) depending on height of stock feet.

- Ken
Hey there,

Does the Syrah preamp (with remote) ever show up on Audiogon? I'd love to find a used one that someone was willing to part with, as I can't quite afford the nearly $3000 price right now (after shipping, etc.)

Thanks,

Todd
The reason I'm responding is that I am the first poster to reach the 500 post milestone on this site, I think. Seriously Todd, I doubt if you are going to find a used Sarah with remote at much less than 3K but you will probably get a few extras including NOS tubes and forgiveness of Custom duties not to mention the savings of shipping costs from down under to your front door and last but certainly not least, the wait. The reason you might find one is that some deep pocketed audiophile with the resources to own whatever he likes probably bought one and in the interim of the wait found something better. Just an off the wall hypothesis but why else? I doubt there is anything that approaches what this pre does at anything close to its price. It is just a wonderful piece.

I would say if you could find a Sarah with remote for less than or around 3K you probably would have a difficult time doing better and surely could do a lot worse. Save your money but don't expect a find for much less than retail.
Well guys, I can't believe it, 500 posts on this thread! When I posted this thread last year I had no idea it would become what I believe is the longest in Audiogon history. I am so glad that I have been able to help spread the word about Mick, his great company, and his beautiful looking and sounding products. Let's all raise a glass to Mick! Gaday Mates!