Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Well guys, I can't believe it, 500 posts on this thread! When I posted this thread last year I had no idea it would become what I believe is the longest in Audiogon history. I am so glad that I have been able to help spread the word about Mick, his great company, and his beautiful looking and sounding products. Let's all raise a glass to Mick! Gaday Mates!
Tubegroover, you dog, you beat me to it, I was planning to write post 500! I ordered a Syrah in December, and it just arrived, I have not plugged it in yet. One thing that is kind of cool - there is no writing or labels on the chrome finish. Mick points out that it would mar the artform, and that stock labeling is not practicle for custom designed equipment. (He does include a drawing that explain what the switches are, and which inputs are phono, cd etc.)

I've seen two used Syrahs on Audiogon, but they were not much below the original price, so new is probably the best option.
I just heard the Odyssey Pre-amp at the SF show! Everyone who walked into his room was blown away.... then he told them the price and there jaws dropped!!! No one is talikg about this company in the trade mags because hes blowing the preception of what you need to spend to get unbelivable quality.

How about a QUALITY Pre-amp for 1000.00 that has the same design as the super expensive Symphonic Line Pre-amp.

Call Klaus at Odyssey and at least check it out.

www.odysseyaudio.com