SS for Merlins VSMs?

Is there anyone who has found an SS amp that they prefer to tube amps with their Merlins? I have most recently owned CAT JL2, Atma-spehre M-60, Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and RM10MKII, Quicksilver V4s, and the Ars Sonum integrated (In each and everyone sound terrific with the Merlins). For SS, I did try Pass XA30.5 and First Watt Aleph J, but did not prefer them to my tube amps (I now use Music Reference RM10s - summer; and the Atma-spehere M60s the rest of the year).

So, any great SS sucess stories with the Merlins up against the kind of tube gear I have owned? Or is that just a elusive chase?
pubul57
Thank you for prompt reply.
Your advice is very much helpful.

My CDP Analog output is 2.7V rms , and
Input Sensitivity of M60 is 2.83V (3.0V for S30).

Input sensitivity for RM10 MK2 is 0.97V....

Merlin VSM is 89dB..sooo

It will be appreciated to give me any advice.
Sanjosehan- If you are considering the passive approach, why not go direct? CDP direct to M-60 fitted w optional volume control? Takes a pair of ICs and output jacks out of the equation?
That would like be even better than the LSA, given the absence of an extra IC, and perfect impedance match. Ralph also uses an extremely well design attenuator - wish I had the opportunity ti try that.
Hi,I'm considering LSA + M60 due to budget restrictions.
Also, I was impressed with rare inputs of LAS, too.

My plan is to begin with LSA + M60 first , and Active Pre+M60 later , and make an A/B comparision , and choose one later.

LSA has much more flexibility than optional volume control in buying/selling point of view.

So any input about input sensitivity of amp with LSA will be very much appreciated.
The M60 needs 2.8v for full power, I think that is the right number. Most digital sources put out 2v max. With the wrong speakers, you might not have enough gain for the M60s to drive the speakers loud enough. My Music Reference goes to full power with 1v, so no problem with the passive approach.