Oh how I wish Class D amps ...

I sure wish manufacturers and designers would move forward as quickly as is possible on improving the current status of Class D amps ... I have heard them all, some in my own system, and they have SO mcu promise !!! Unfortunately they just do not have it down yet. They still sound dry, unmusical, and strange in the treble ... kind of chalky and rolled off, and definitely lacking air.
I long for the day I can get rid of my hundred pound Class AB monster amp, for a nice small cool running amp that sounds just as good. I am worried though that designers and manufacturers have accepted the " It sounds good enough" opinion, and that the B&O Ice power may be a long time before it is "fixed"... sigh.
Just my rant ...
timtim
I'm running a TRL Dude in front of a pair of NuForce and it's the best sound I ever had, very liquid, relaxed, organic.

Audiofreakgeek and Gammajo are absolutely correct.
I noticed this subject posted last night with no responses and i thought i would check back and see where it has gone.It has gone up and down and all around and before it goes into the ether i wish someone would put together a roll call of all the current production class D amps, a master list,as there have been a few names mentioned that have garnered few sales and less press and might be worth noting.
The original "rant" puzzles me. It leads me to think that some negative experience has prompted him to "take on" the entire class D with broad generalizations.As an owner of a full tilt Spectron and two Wyred 4 Sound amps that all sound great i will not be intimidated by this "longing for the day" the day is here! and the music is delivered in a beautiful long flowing gown with bouquets of flowers and the scent of lilac and aged whiskey.Yes,the day IS here for the Class D amps, for paupers and kings and their tube preamps, and leave the knaves outside the walls to dribble their goo.
Jazzcourier ... My McCormack DNA-500 just destroyed the best from Wyred I had sitting here in my system ... Not even close... at all ;-)
"Jazzcourier ... My McCormack DNA-500 just destroyed the best from Wyred I had sitting here in my system ... Not even close... at all ;-)"

OK.

All that means is you prefer the McCormack.

Nothing more.
Sir Timtim,with a price difference of around 4500 buckaroos i would expect complete annihilation.
Please don't breathe a word of this to my vintage JBL 150's and AR 90's who have a serious crush on that Wyred amp.They positively get up and scream and roar every time i turn it on.Who would have known this June/December romance would be so good! Class D amps on vintage speakers,this is food for the gods.