Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
HELLO Gang.The preamp will indeed operate without regulator tubes, However... please do not operate the preamp without them. The purpose of the regulators is to smooth out the dc ripple from the rectifier tube to maintain a correct and steady dc voltage to the other tubes.
Hi Bwhite. Wow, $10k certainly is an arm and a leg. Fat chance of me getting that rig. I think I might very well follow through on your Bidat recommendation.

Yea, I'm looking forward to the Teres upgrade - should be quite a treat. Cheers.
I usually have little response to the postings here on A'gon, but after reading the hundreds of wonderful postings regarding the Supratek I simply couldn't resist.

Currently, I have found, what I think, IMHO, is actually the best preamp in the world. OK, I know that sounds strong, especially after all the wonderful comments above about the Syrah preamp. Truly, after everything that everyone had to say, I must admit I am curious about this absolute, knock-out, spank-your-momma gorgeous Syrah preamp.

OK, I understand that by now everyone who is reading my remarks is saying 'Alright already, so what is this best preamp in the world?'. Well, fellow Audiogoners, the answer is: NO PREAMP at all. I am plugging my CDP directly into my power amp with astonishing results.

I know this isn't an option for everyone, and, in all honesty, sometimes I do think about adding a turntable to my system again. After reading all the wonderful things that everyone had to say regarding the Syrah preamp, and looking at this beautiful preamp, my juices begin to flow. Not to mention that the price certainly seems more than fair.

This all leads me to asking a few questions. Does anyone have any thoughts they would like to share with me about adding a Syrah into a non-preamp system such as mine? To my ears, nothing has sounded as good as going direct, but if I add a TT this becomes a necessity. Also, did I read that this preamp is remote controlled? Lastly, what about Supratek's power amps? Anyone have any experience with them?

In advance, thanks for your thoughts...Happy Listening!

Louis
Outlier... our friend Twl doesn't like me to say this... :)
After hearing a turntable in my system, I became disgusted with all my previous $10K cd setups...I sold it all.

Then months later, I bumped into someone who turned me on to the Bidat.

Anyhow, sad to say, the Bidat makes me wonder why I bother with a turntable... Its that good. Unfortunately the Bidats are hard to find. Another Meitner product which seems to be more available is the Melior DAC which I have never heard. It too can be modified & taken to another level for $300. You might talk to Audiogon user "Sutts" as he is doing a comparison between it and his Audio Note DAC3 Balanced. He could give you some insight on the Melior.