Conrad Johnson PV-10A mod experiences?

Has anyone had experience performing a mod on the CJ PV-10A? I'm fond of this preamp, it has that wonderful tube openness and sweetness for harmonics. However over the past 6 months as I've delved into PC audio and DAC improvements, I've come to realize two things about it

1) its slow on transients
2) its dynamically compressed.

I'm using Mullard NOS tubes throughout as these seem wonderfully detailed with excellent base.

Since the preamp is built like an engineering prototype (overbuilt)my gut hunch is that some caps have aged (circa 1993)and need replacement, specifically the white CJ caps
and am thinking about replacing them first with Multicaps.

Wondering if anyone has experience trying to revitalize a PV 10A?
128x128davide256
Being a DIY'er at heart I've gone ahead and made some changes which have been highly successful.

1> for the line stage section, I have replaced the white CJ design bypass capacitors with like value Multicaps. I choose these because their physics makes sense, prior success with an Adcom DAC and relatively low cost (~$15 per capacitor). This immediately resolved the high frequency rolloff and some of the compression I was hearing.

2> I replaced the power cord in (typical lampwire)with a Furutech IEC socket. When i cut this cord it was heavily oxidized. This stage require care not to damage the transformer, make sure you place a solid obstacle buffer between the transformer and the work area where the metal must be cut to insert the IEC socket. total cost about $15 for socket. Significant improvement in base and dynamics if you use a quality power cord.

3> I replaced the 5 legacy tube sockets (bakelite?) with hybrid teflon, gold plated sockets, each ~$6 or total of $30. easy soldering replacement if you have a desoldering tool. This helped soldify, tame "wooliness" in the base and eliminated edginess in the highs.

Solder used throughout, Cardas.

ecstatic to have my preamp sounding great again.

Still waiting on delivery of the Multicaps for phono stage but I have no doubts they will wipe out the slowmess which still remains in phono transients. Only annoyance here is that 0.15uf 400 VDC wasn't available, per other upgraders advice i've ordered 0.22 uf values.

Total cost to bring a PV10-A back to 1993 newness for line stage around $75 + soldering tools. Will post outcome later this week for phono stage.
phono stage is proving a little more tricky. The Multicaps indeed wiped out the transient issues. But they sound "edgy", irritating in the phono stage. Mulling over other choices for the bypass capacitors
I have found Multicaps to have an upper midrange glare. I remove them when possible. I also never mix coupling caps.
I used Black Gate caps when they were available to replace the lytics. Someone told me Jentsen work well. The tubes you're using are good. I'm sure the sound will tighten up if you replace the electrolytics. I use RCA NOS 12 au7 cleartop, mullards are probably better.