B&K 200.5 S2 Power Amp problem - Please help

Hi guys,

I need your help and advice please.

I purchased this power amp on Ebay a few months ago. I just realized the amp is having a problem after I heard my friend's B&K 7250 version II (old model). My power amp, all 5 channels, has had low output. Is that possible that my power amp blows the fuses? If yes, do you know where can I buy them? Since B&K company was taken over by ATI company recently, it's hard to contact them for advice.

I'm really appreciated for all your help & advice.

Thanks!
vta2005
can you elaborate on your statement - "all 5 channels, has had low output"? do they all have low output at the same time? Is it intermittent? Have they ever produced strong output?

There are a couple of things that could be simple to fix. 1) are the volume pots on the back of the amp turned all the way up? (forgive me for this one - it's just worth asking cause it's the first thing I would check if I had a problem. 2) Fuses blown - B&K uses internal Rail fuses. Their not hard to replace but you have to open the amp up and be comfortable working inside. Also you need to know how exercise safety around high voltage circuits.
I found a document I previously received from B&K showing the fuses used on each of their amps. Below are the spec's for the Ref 200.5:

Reference 200.5
Main(Line) - 15A SB/250V
Rail (internal) - 6A SB/250V
Speaker - 6A SB/250V

I had a 7250ii (200X 5) and a 2500 (60 X 5). They had a slow blow fuse, but when it went, nothing worked. Radio Shack may have one, but I think I got mine from an Automotive shop like Autozone or Checkers.

It sounds like the vloume knobs in the back, but it not are you getting a Hum or buzzing sound as well, it so that could be a ground problem with the RCA inputs, they can get dmg during shipping.

Hope this helps.