Does Aesthetix calypso match with Krell 200s pow?

I now want to change my pre amp, but a lot of pre amp in my intend to choose. So, could u ple help me to correct me with aesthetix calypso pre. Or Krell KRC 3? My system: 803s B&W speaker, Wadia 830 CD, Krell ksa 200s pow amp,...
offline69
I ran a Calypso with a Krell FPB 300-C. Great combination. Only get the Calypso if you are willing to roll some tubes - that is what makes it so magical. The stock tubes are installed to simply allow people to break it in before putting "real" tubes in it - IMO. So if buying a Calypso, plan to add several hundred dollars for tubes to allow it to perform properly. There are lots of posts and comments on tube selection for the Calypso - read those.

In the end, the Calypso with Krell FPB 300-C to Wilson speakers was my best sounding system ever!
Thanks for ur infor.
No further information Krell KRC 3 pre at all? I want to accurate decisions before paying.
offline69
The KRC-3 was never one of Krell's best models. The KRC-2 was better. But they are older designs and I would choose the Calypso over them.
Dear Rwwear,
I do not understand what's ur mean?As far as i know: KRC3 higher KRC2 and lower KRC HR?
Aesthetix is very good, but I do not know very much about the tube so will be causedifficulties for me. Krell KRC seri pre seems like a reasonable choise, next time if I have more $ I change pow, Speaker higher will swicth pre tube.
How do you think?
0ffline69
Offline69, the KRC2 and KRC3 were made at different times. The KRC2 preceded the 3 and many feel that the proverbial "improvements" Krell claimed did not result in a better sounding product. Many people feel that the KRC-HR is the best of the family (so to speak), followed in this line by the 2.

With your B&W speakers, I would stick with SS preamp if you are not comfortable with tubes. Though they are not as scary as some make them out to be - both the hardcore tube rollers and those that warn of tube failures happening all the time, the high risk, etc. . . Tubes in a preamp are pretty easy and you can get some great advice. If you do go to tubes at some point, the preamp is a good starting point.