Does Aesthetix calypso match with Krell 200s pow?

I now want to change my pre amp, but a lot of pre amp in my intend to choose. So, could u ple help me to correct me with aesthetix calypso pre. Or Krell KRC 3? My system: 803s B&W speaker, Wadia 830 CD, Krell ksa 200s pow amp,...
offline69
My pricing was from the official Krell US price list from 1995. Also Krell's tech and sales rep at the time told me the 2 was a better preamp.
Hi

Rwwear is correct. I had the KRC which preceded the KRC HR and priced also at $6,900. This was better than the KRC 2. The KRC and KRC 2 were released about the same time, followed by KRC 3 and KRC HR. In descending order of quality - KRC HR > KRC > KRC 2 > KRC 3
Dear all,
I've brought home and then listen KRC2, but I still feel neither as I am desired? Sound seems light, bright, sharp and mid seemed thin.
I asked a man in Audio Shops, he experienced a lot of Krell:Pow Krell's good for bass but pre, Krell CD is not good. He recommends choosing from Europe such as: Goldmun, MARK LEVINSON,ACCUSTIC ARTS,...He said this true?
Pls help me more, thanks.
offline69
Offline,
If you are looking at Goldmun, Mark Levinson and the likes go with a newer Krell pre-amp -- The Knowledge of the sales rep is "Full of It" -- Krell has some of the best sounding pre-amps and CD players available (for a price) can you get any better than krell At this level? thats an ongoing debate -- but the truth is Krell has lots to offer if you can afford it.
The KRC series is a good series gets you to probably 80% of the best out there but they are now long-in the tooth old, I would send it to krell to refurbish (a Good service from krell).

Your only other choices from Krell is the KCT (fantastic world class pre-amp) and the EVO series concluding with the top-of-the-line EVO707/evo 2. Very expensive but the very best. Mark Levinson is great but they are like Krell very expensive because they are one of the best!

I at one point owned the KRC-HR (15 yrs ago)I had no problems with the sound - not thin, not bloated just good sound -- I wonder if its something else in your system or this might be your first experience in clean high-end resolution -- The Krells usually plays (resolution - good or Bad) whats on the disk!
The only thing I'am not familiar with is your wadia cd player -- I heard they were good -- Your Krell amp is the Best part of your system (I still own KSA-100S - Just had it refurbished from krell a few years ago).
Good Luck and be careful of what is said (think before you leap -- unless you have lots of money).
What is your budget for a new pre-amp and that will help fellow audiogoners to give your advise (SS or Tubes).
ok -- swing it!