High-end amplifier clarification?

At what point do you consider an amplifier high-end? And, why? What is a good example of a non-high end amp that just misses being high-end? Also, what is an example of an amplifier that just makes it into your high-end rankings?
ska_man
Non-high-ends are the following:

No tubes.
Class D or T.
Less than 90lB.
Has cooling fan.
Less than $5k new.
Does not have detachable powercord(limited upgrade possibilities).
Have non-glossy and/or industrially looking chassis.
Not present in Stereophile or similar audio magazines.
Michael Fremer did not write anything about it...
Does not have gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA/XLR sockets.
I would say that amps purchased before marriage would be high end, after, mid to low fi.

Larry
Roxy54: It's a subjective hobby. Lots of questions here get subjective opinion answers. I asked the question(s) because I am curious as to what those opinions are.

Pubul57: I am not looking to buy anything at this time.

The question came to mind while reading the post by Kitegod "what speakers demand high end electronics". The term "high-end" is used on a regular basis and I just wondered what it means to members willing to respond.

Being a music lover, with only a slight tendency toward
(non-nervosa type) audiophilia, I agree with Stanwal's comment about being in the ear of the beholder. But, my opinion is just as subjective as anyone else's.
OK, I'll bite too but apologize in advance to anyone I may offend. I use an Aragon 4004MkII amp for 2 channel and front mains for HT. While I am very satisfied with it's performance, I wouldn't classify it as high-end. It's definitely atleast one more rung up the ladder toward high-end than my previous Adcom 555 amp.
I would compare the Aragon to a AAA baseball player trying to make the big leagues; he hits for average, with good power,has good speed and a good glove, but plays right field and has an arm like a wet noodle. Good enough for some line-ups but not an allstar. I think this amp might improve it's chances of making the 'show' if it was pure class A, rather than class AB, but it would probably then be piced much higher, too. New I think it was only $1,800 and I bought it used for half that. I think in amps, much like this forum, you get what you pay for. When I think of high-end ss amps, I think of brands like Pass, Levinson, McCormack, CJ and McIntosh. For tube amps, I think of Atmosphere,CJ, McIntosh, VTL and VAS. I probably missed a few brands but would love to try all of these in my system. In the end, though, I think you should only use your own ears in determining what's truly 'high-end' for yourself and ignore any thoughts of status. Happy hunting.
I’m going to take a different tack and suggest that what makes a system high-end, is more the dedication and care put into it by it’s builder than the equipment itself. If the user is aware of, and his system achieves, some measure of those audio characteristics that we all seek, it is high-end.