Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
707th post. Just noticed this when it popped up on the radar screen, freaked and hadta do it (I'll not be reading the other 706 :-) And I *had* thought I was a real Audiogoner...We (I and my preamp) are not worthy...

(I didn't even know Asa still walked among us. How's it hanging old buddy?)
Zaikesman, I thought about posting the same thing you said too, I think this is an Audiogon World Record !!
Does anyone have specs on the Supatek preamps? Wha't the gain for line and phono? is it switchable? what about loading? There doesn't seem to be info on this on the site.
Rx8man, I'm just grooving on how long it takes my poor old 'puter and dinky dial-up connection to load this page...this is what audio-chat has reduced me to for entertainment... :-) I'd be sort of interested to know what it is about this particular thread topic, of all the threads on Audiogon, that could have predicted such a massive response - but not actually curious enough to go back and read through it all to see if the reason could be teased out. So I'll just ride with 'shit happens' and be OK with that...

(Mark: It's alright - I'm not going to stay on this thread, so please carry on with impunity, and meanwhile I'll try not to take it too personally that you haven't posted to any thread I've been on for the past year. Besides, I've got a 17-bean and smoked kielbasa soup to finish making before the holiday...Happy Festivus, everybody! ;^)