How is Supratek Chardonnay compared to Cary SPL-98

I am currenly using a PrimaLuna Prologue 3, McCormack DNA-1 and B&W CDM9NT speaker.
Cary SLP 98 is one of the highly praised preamp and is always on next list when i am ready to upgrade. Recently, I learned about Supratek and read the rave reviews. Anyone used both can share how they compared?
And how are these 2 compared to the Prologue 3 I am using? They are about double the price, I wondering if it is worth the difference.

Thanks.
gte357s
Yes, this is one of my concern too. Since it is hand made, the quality control may varies. I am also afraid of getting hiss or hum. In the "deal of the century" thread, someone pointed out getting loud hum. By reading the reviews, i got an impression that Cary is great and I hardly seen any negative comment. The Supretak is a WOW, but the quality control is not as good
Not heard the Cary, always have been curious about it though.
I own a Chardonnay and love it. It is point to point wired inside, can't see how it would break down easily. The hum may have been a ground loop issue which can be common in any setup. I have compared mine to a high end Belles preamp and Modwright and kept the Supratek. I did have one problem. The plastic power button got a crack in it and I was not able to power it on. I sent an email to Supratek and I soon received a replacement power switch. Good to know they support them, and this was when the company "shut doors". I soldered it in and I was good to go. Do need to consider that they are in Australia so if something does go wrong, a local tech could fix or send it back which would be expensive.
I have upgraded the caps in the preamp section and power supply to go effect but now we are getting into DIY stuff and I know you are considering stock. The new Chardoneys are suppose to be based on their previous preamp a step up from it. So I'd bet it would be killer. From what I have read about the Cary it seems like it would be a warmer sounding preamp. The nice thing about the Supratek is it can be molded to your taste with different tubes, and it takes a wide range of types.
I owned the Supratek Syrah,which as I understand is similar in performance to the Chardonnay excepting that it has a phono stage.It replaced the Cary,in my system it was simply better a pre amp.
I've owned a Cary SLP98P for over 2 years now. With the right amp (Cary CAD 120's) there's no need to upgrade to the SLP 05, it's that good.