Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

Asa,

Thanks for taking the time and interest to make your observations and suggestions - It's greatly appreciated.

I will try to catch up with the Teres crowd to get their ideas on an Arm and Cartridge. I was thinking of only getting the newest Graham 2.2. I have also asked Chris Brady for his ideas.

I love the BMI PC's in general and so, far everywhere I have put them in my system, they have bested everything else I have tried (quite a few by now). I am quite smitten with BMI’s power cords (specifically the Sharks and Whale Supreme). I am just blown away with the Whale Supreme and what they do for almost all aspects of the sound. Are there any cords you like more than another for either my Cortese or the upcoming Teres TT ?

I will check into the Hovland IC for the Teres. I have a friend that uses a Hydra and I will get him to drag it over to compare it to the Ensemble Isolink and BMI IPLC that I have and let you know what we hear.

I am not familiar with the Mook Puck. Is it like Symposium Roller blocks, Walker Valid point, etc (I assume when you say Shun you mean Shunyata) ? The Roller Blocks the grade 3 balls is the best I have found to date.

Thanks again Asa - I would also appreciate hearing any observations/ suggestions for the rest of the gang.
Jim2 I have never been to a Turkish prison nor to a Turkish bath..What about you? Tom
Can't say that I have. I have toured the inside of a US jail though. What that would tell me about what a Turkish prison is like, I am not sure, since that is probably a unique experience. And for that matter, I am not sure that a seasoned prison guard in the US could tell me what a Turkish prison is like either.

Surely, I am serious.
Anyone in Indiana with a Supratek. I am in the market for a new pre-amp and would love to hear one these, within driving distance.
Hi Tom, if you ever take a vacation down to Florida, we have a few family attractions that some folks clamor to see, you are always more than welcome. If you have a family, it is a great two birds with one stone trip.