Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Bwhite,

I have had great success with Symposium Roller Blocks (w/Grade 3 Tungsten Carbide Balls)under both pieces of my Cortese.

Do you have any experience with Roller Blocks ? If not, you might want to give them a try. The have been amazing under my Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP as well. The best by far of everything else I have tried.
Actually I live in Louisville Kentucky..I know most of the audio crowd in this state..So I was just reaching out...I may have questions concerning the structure of the chassis ..Thanks for the invites..Tom
Cello. While I do not use any of the symposium products,I second your recommendation on their effectiveness.They are terrific with tubed based gear. I have heard the effect first hand in a friends room isolating his magnificent sounding Klimo tube preamp and companion Kent mono amps. Their effect is his rig was not subtle. We have both been promoting the resonance control theory with tubed based equipment for many years. He has spent as much or more on his room than his equipment[read very expensive]and his rig is one of the finest if not "the" finest I have ever heard.The system is vinyl based only and his table is set up out of the room.Every piece of electronics is isolated with symposium pruducts.The noise floor is almost non existant.Music in his room is always magnificent experience.I am still dying to hear my Syrah in his system for comparison.
Eccletique,

I had great success with the Symposium Rollerblocks but not with their Stands (tried the Ultra Symposium and Svelte) under any of my equipment. My best results came from Silent Running Audio custom made stands followed by Zoethecus Z-Slabs used in combination with the Stands.

A good friend also had excellent results by placing Roller Blocks under his TT (Linn) after hearing what they did in my system.

If any of you decide to experiment with the Symposium Roller blocks, make sure you get your hands on some grade 3 Tungsten Carbide Balls. They are a huge improvement over the old stock chromium or the grade 25 Tungsten Carbide Balls. "Double Stacking" works even better.
I use Symposium Rollerblock Jrs underneath my SupraTek also. I picked up my grade 3 tungsten carbide balls from mcmaster carr. I forget the price but it was less that half of what Symposium wanted to charge. One of the benefits I noticed with the rollerblocks was an increase in variation of instrumental tones, the opposite of a coloration which would tend to make music more homogenized.