Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Power cord update. Well... Unfortunately I cannot recommend the new version of the cord. So far, its not sounding too good compared to the old version. I'm going to continue letting this thing break in and see if it gets any better.
Anyone try the CBS-Hytron 6L6Gc tube in your Syrah? Just put them in today and they sound pretty nice and look way cool!!!
Any idea where I can audition the Supratek Syrah in the Washington DC or Philadelphia area? Is this a balanced preamp? I haven't been able to find a picture of it on the internet, or find out much about it, except that it's mentioned on this forum. Thanks
Bwhite, have you ever tried the Micro Omega pwr cords? over my 2 yrs of living with the Cortese I've played around with several cords and have found the MO's to be as "ear openning" as the Cortese is! they aren't cheap, but the combo is quit wonderful.