Why Not More Conversation about VAC?

As I browse Audiogon's posts...I'm constantly amazed at the lack of attention, questions, remarks about VAC, (Valve Amplification Company).
First and foremost, I'm thinking that most if not all of us are music lovers--and I'm not aware, subjectively, of course, of more, just out and out, musical sounding electronics. And, I don't mean that in a perjorative, 'colored' sense...I mean that in the most flattering sense.
The lack of comments may mean nothing, but it just strikes me as 'absent' from good discussions.
Second, and beyond the stellar sound, if you want great gear, and a great person to buy it from, who better in terms of accommodation, knowledge and service than Kevin Hayes. Like the Bobster (Palkovic) his reputation for building first rate stuff and then backing it to the hilt is unsurpassed.

Kevin is also a great guy AND music lover of the first order...a friend too, but I'm not shilling here, just seriously wondering why VAC isn't further up the discussion ladder.

Kinda like reading Motor Trend Magazine, in which they 'Test Drive' a Mustang in EVERY ISSUE!!!

Just wondering.

Larry
lrsky
I have yet to see a VAC in any store. Maybe they don't have any dealers in GA.
I bought my VAC integrated used and before the sale called Kevin to confirm the serial # and to ask him questions. He was incredibly helpful and gracious even though I was buying used. He told me that it didn't matter to him, that I was joining the VAC family and he would help in any way he could. Him and his team have always been great. This is the type of guy you want to deal with in audio. I get the impression that he is that rare breed that really understands the value of his talents and time and prices accordingly. My bet is that Kevin is doing the volume of business that he can manage well and still enjoy himself. Lucky guy.

Achilles, If you see/hear VAC gear in person it attaches itself to your brain in a way that will require you to buy it at some future point.
I have just purchased my second vac amp the phi 200 and i must agree that alot of audiophiles are totally unaware of great products that last forever and sound as good as anything money can buy.the owner of this company is a great person that will do anything to please a customer and designs his products by attending MANY live performances a WEEK so he knows what his product should sound like and they do.my last amp was a ren 30-30 and never did I do anything but turn it on and off for 16 years.try 1 folks you will be amazed
I owned an Avatar SE and I had the same experience as Maineiac. Called Kevin with some questions and he was on the phone within 20 seconds and seemed excited to talk about this 8 year old amp. We had a lengthy conversation led completely by him. He was in no rush and was very welcoming and enthusiastic.

At this point I need upward of 80 watts and it is a little above the budget with VAC. I think at one point I sent Maineiac an email trying to get him to sell his amp. He let me down easy.
another (extremely) satisfied customer. i recently purchased a pair of VAC Musicblocs and have found Kevin to be incredibly helpful. he is very generous with his time on the phone and always replies to emails thoroughly and promptly. this is especially remarkable given that i purchased the gear second hand.

the level of commitment kevin has to his customers and his passion for his product is matched by a very select few (ralph at atma-sphere comes to mind). he even auditioned an alternate tube type i was considering using in place of the 12AU7 tubes just to let me know what he thought of them.

as genuinely pleased as i am in my dealings with the folks at VAC, it wouldn't mean much if the gear wasn't exceptional... it is and then some. WOW, the musicblocs are simply PHENOMENAL!! utterly amazing in my rig.