What is your source for discovering new music?

I use Pandora primarily. Every now and then I get new discoveries on the internet jazz radio stations.

The local FM jazz station used to be my only source. I knew no other jazz fans personally. The SqueezeBox has opened up a whole new world for me.
128x128mitch4t
-Agon Forum
-The back of Sterophile and The Absolute Sound
-Equipment reviews
-Independent Radio stations
-You Tube
-Austin City Limits
-iTunes (also used to sample along with Amazon)
-My employees

I used to catch new (to me) acts on Saturday Night Live and David Letterman, but it seems that my tastes have changed and/or the material there has gotten kind of stale.
I've never had much luck buying records without ever hearing any songs on the LP or cd. So, I stay away from cd and LP bargain bins unless I'm familiar with the title, no matter how much I'm familiar with the artist. That's why Pandora and internet radio has been such a boon for me. I get to hear the songs first. Oh, and I forgot the Rhapsody music service. Rhapsody is phenomenal, it allows me to choose the artist and title and listen in its entirety before I purchase.
I go to Spin every Sunday. We sign up and play 2 songs each time. VINYL only BTW. The people who go vary in age from their early twenties to the late sixties and play different types of music. I have found music from the very old days to more current and things in between. The best part is finding music I thought I would not like or even knew about, and then going out to find it the following week in my travels.
Hevac reminded me that I also pick up a lot of newer pop/dance oriented stuff at the gym doing Les Mill's choreographed exercise classes.

If I hear something I like, I usually download the .mp3 for 99 cents or so from Amazon, if I can find it there.

Kinda reminds me of the good old days as a kid hitting the local department store (JC Penny) and picking up the latest tune I heard on the radio on 45 rpm "vinyl" for about the same price.

Hey, at least the album art pops up on my controller when the downloaded music plays! Most old 45s had no cover art although some of the label artwork was cool. Small favors!
Listing sources in no particular order:

Fellow members of the Houston Audio Society
Half Price Bookstore in Greater Houston Area
Amazon.com
Audiogoners
Pandora
Reviews particularly equipment reviews where the reviewer used certain albums to evaluate the equipment in question.

Last but not least I keep going back to the thread I created on Audiogon way back in 2003 which has till today received 200 responses. This thread is brimming with some fabulous music and can be a great resource for any music lover who is looking to find interesting music to discover. I am providing the link here for you to check out. I hope it will prove useful.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?gmusi&1070546159&openfrom&151&4#151