Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Clipsal, the Sylvania VT-231 and Sylvania 6SN7GT tall-boy (green letterring and VT-231 construction) are probably the best choices for your tastes. I would get one pair of each and decide for yourself which you prefer. Roll the regulators while you are at it.
Fiddler?? Which type of Mullard GZ34 do you use? I mean, is there any particular vintage? Can you describe it? That's one rectifier I've never tried - I couldn't hear enough of a difference between the GZ37, GZ33 and GZ32 that I skipped right over the GZ34. Perhaps that was a mistake.

114 more posts to top 1K.
After 2 years is this preamp still amazing?
This thread has been going just short of two years. I am wondering if those who bought these preamps a year or two ago are still thinking as highly of this preamp. I am very tempted to buy the Syrah from the raves posted on this thread and have contacted Mick asking about the delay (3-4 months currently). I guess I am mulling it over this weekend. I have a pair of Von Schweikert 4.5's being delivered today with the new Rotel RCD 1072 (another purchase I am making before hearing!) Any amplifier suggestions to mate with the Syrah with this combination?
Lastly, is the Cortese worth double the money? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this post.
Fiddler: yea, you must right. I mean, what could I possibly know? If you need to defend a cognitive position so emotively, then I will let you have it, and stay there.

My exchange with fiddler, and those fiddler-like, has taught me something; it is a question to myself, arising over and over, about such things, collectively speaking, that I will now answer. Enjoy your pre's gentlemen.