Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thank you everyone. My Syrah does not have a gain attenuator or an RCA/XLR switch. I am in contact with Mick, but so far no cigar. He had me check a dc voltage near the 6L6s which is supposed to be 300v, mine shows 0.16!!! I will double check the dc umbilical.

Bwhite- Do not understand "Check that you do not have the RCA cables from your EMC1 plugged into the wrong RCA inputs on the Syrah - that ones you used to have them plugged into. Double-check. And thanks for the info on the tubes.
Swampwalker - Guess I was trying to say that maybe your input selector switch (front right knob) was on the wrong input. I know this is silly but it happens. Sometimes when we switch cables around we mistakenly put them back on the wrong input.
I rotated the input thru every choice, Bwhite. The only sound I get sounds like "cross talk". Faint but clear presentation of CD, no matter what input I select.
Sorry, I had to ask about the inputs - I realize its a trivial thing.

If the DC power cord is connected properly and not mis-aligned, then perhaps there is a real problem.

I wonder if this could have been caused by tubes which are shorted.

Did you by chance remove the 6L6 tubes and play the Supratek to see if that solved the problem?
In case anyone is interested, Mick walked me thru trouble-shooting it w/a multimeter. Found out that there was no voltage to the pre, but voltage out at the PS (360 vdc, careful there, boys and girls. Traced it to a broken center (hot) wire on the umbilical (I hope). If anyone has an extra, I'd love to borrow it until a new one arrives from down under. If you can help me out, shoot me an email. Of course, I'll pay shipping both ways.