Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello,

BWhite posted the ff before.

"The Chardonnay is 13¼" wide by 12½" deep the unit is about 8½" tall. The power supply is the same width and depth but height depends upon the tube you select. With my GZ32, the power supply is about 5½" tall. Stock the unit is about 4½ inches tall"

...it's all in the archives....

cheers
Joe (Jphii),
I don't mind Slipnot's questions in the least. I just wanted to let hom know that there was a wealth of posts on tube rolling listed above.
I am just about to start getting tubes for the phono side and will need help on that end so your questions are quite timely for me. Most of the posts for tube rolling have been for the line stage side.
I will be very curious to hear your results as you work your way through NOS tubes for the phono side.
Thanks, Larry
Larry,

Do you know what tubes Mick is using in your phono stage? If he uses an oddball tube like the 6c45pi, you are going to be very limited as to what you can use. And to top it all of, the damn things are expensive! Well over $100 for a quad. As soon as I find a decent quad, I'll get them broken in and let you know how they sound. Look here, and you'll see what I mean about tubes:

NOS/NIB* 1958 Western Electric JW-5842/417A tubes/tube

For now, the NOS Russian's are actually sounding quite nice. For something using such a high mu triode in the phono stage, the noise floor is incredibly low. It has brought out the details I could not hear before. Things like .2 g off on VTF, incorrect speaker placement and cable choices all have an audible effect now.

Ah, the saga continues....
Joe,
I have the Cortese and my phono stage arrived with two 6C45N-E ( Russian - Electroharmonix) & two 6922 (JAN Sylvania's made in USA). Keep in mind that I bought my unit used from a first owner and I am not sure if these are the tubes that Mick originally included with the Unit.
I am still waiting for my TT so I have no clue how these current tubes will sound.
I would love to hear ideas with anyone's latest and best suggestions for the 4 tubes on the phono side.
Thanks - Larry