Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello Amandarae!I am truly happy for you... I have not received my Chenin yet...Oh well,Last contact I had with Mick was April 24th, He told me that it should of been done by now and that he got diverted on building a new amp., to match up with the Chenin/Chardonnay models...As for my pre....Mick said two/four weeks max.Thats fine,To date, the only part of my aged system that is left is my Quad 63s ,My Linn went last week, I am searching out a killer turntable arm and cartridge... The short list for a turntable is Teres, Origin Live, Nottingham,V.P.I...This is alot of fun...The amps are going to be easy... One of Micks or David Bernings... I am moving like a herd of turtles on this new system, perhaps by the end of summer or later my sweety and I will be cutn rugs late into the night...again...
Stiltskin,

Wow! You are "busy" my friend!

I have the Teres TT. I love it and the synergy with the Supratek phono stage (sans cartridge) is very very good.
I like to get the Berning amps someday. As of now, I cannot afford it. Besides I am exploring the SET route with my DIY Fostex base Transmission Line speakers. I am waiting for my 300B amp and see how it matches with the Chenin.

I really hope that you can get your Chenin preamp very soon. The phono stage is a real "killer" as Slowhand put it on the very first post of this thread. Fortunately for us the Chenin phono incorporates the Cortese phono design. Cheaper tubes(6C4 and 6922) than getting a WE 5842 nowadays in the market IMHO. As for the linestage, well, I am speechless!
I've got the Teres too. You can't go wrong with this combo.

Amandarae, that Tung-Sol 6c4, will it work fot the 6c45pi?
Hi Joe,

I am not sure about the 6c45pi tube. Maybe, Ecclectique is the right person to ask.

According to my book, the variants for the 6c4 tubes are:

6c4w, 6c4wa, 6100, 6135(for parallel filament cicuits),EC90, L77, M8080, QA2401, and QL77. No mention of the 6c45pi tubes.

BTW, I know your Teres. IMHO, you did a very fine job.

cheers...