Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I sent my deposit on for the Syrah in early January. I've written to Mick a few times in the past 3 months and alhtough his e-mails are pleasant, there always seems to be one reason or another why the unit (now the Chenin) isn't ready. Last week, he said he was waiting for cases to come in last Monday. When I first contacted him in December, I think he said it would only be 3 week wait, but I took that with a grain of salt. Is he reliable? I'd hate to push him to get the product and then find that I have problems if something needs repair. I'm starting to think about asking for my deposit back.
Mlkiz - Chill out. If you keep it up you'll make a mountain out of an anthill and ahve no one to blame but yourself. Mick will make it right. Dozens of others on this thread are testament to that.
Well said, Jazzdude.

Mlkiz, we all waited. So should you if you want the "Preamp deal of the Century". If you cancel it will be your loss.
Mlkiz - I can recall myself being at wits end several years ago when I purchased my first Supratek. The wait was a miserable experience for me. The longer the wait went on, the more I thought about canceling the order out of sheer frustration. I am the kind of guy who likes "instant gratification" when I spend money, and when buying a Supratek, NOTHING is instant.

Once I received (and listened to) the Supratek, I understood and I forgave. It was instantly clear that the wait was well worth the end result.

You know... There is one advantage of the long wait - perhaps it has a lot to do with the high resale value on the used market.
Jazzdude, Fiddler, Bwhite:
Nicely put. As I await my Chenin, I keep telling myself that the wait will be worth it. As an unabashed disciple of instant gratification, I check my email every day saying "this will be the day Mick says it's ready to go".

The more I follow this thread the more I am sure that Mick is doing the right thing, and not rushing things just to get them out the door. Art takes time. Those who understand the value of the art and the artisan understand this.

Mlkiz,
Everyone has had to wait; and everyone agrees the wait was worth it. Whenever the impatience creeps in in, just remind yourself how great your music will sound. And, hey, if its not what you expected, you won't have any trouble selling it. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.