Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to ever have experienced this. At Mick's suggestion, I am changing to a moving coil Denon DL 103 cartridge. But are you saying that I need to change the rectifier too? Why is that and what should I change it to? By the way, my fuses keep blowing too, but at Mick's suggestion, I'm going to install a 5 amp slow blow fuse instead of the smaller one that comes with the unit.
5 amps for a preamp! that is freakin huge. the Sim Audio W5 ships with a 6 amp fuse.
Mlkiz, sometimes the fuse will blow if using a rectifier which heats up too fast. Maybe that's why someone suggested changing the rectifier.
Wanted you to know that the 5amp fuse solved the problem with the fuse and the addition of a Denon DL103 mc cartridge solved the problem with the phono stage. In fact the phono now sounds great.