Pass Labs XP10 or Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE

This thread is intended for those who have experience with both preamps, primarily. But feedback from those who have one or the other is welcomed.

I really like the idea of a no-gain preamp. I normally wouldn't consider something like the W4S for my set-up, except that what it lacks in appearance (external), it seems to actually possess(internal). I have a Pass Labs X250.5 which has 26/30 dB of gain on it's own. While I would love to have an aesthetically matching/pleasing system (all Pass), the sound still has to determine my purchase. The W4S could also potentially save me some coin in the process.

I am currently unable to hear either preamp so I am trying to get impressions from current owners of either, or both, product(s).
jbreezy5
You should try both. I bet that the XP 10 will work better with your amp. That being said synergy between components can be a big thing.
Tzh21y,

If I use the low gain with my Oppo BDP-83, I'm listening to some movies with the volume level setting in the 50s.
I prefer to listen in the high 30s or low 40s.

Danielk141
Jbreezy5,
Are you not in the US? Mark from Reno HiFi has a great return policy, so you could at least try that one. I think the W4S have a return policy too, but with a restockng fee. But considering the prices of this gear, maybe worth it. No substitute for trying in your own system
The Pass XP10 will blow the Wyred away in terms of build quality and overall refinement. It's a spectacular preamp that you'll find long term satisfaction with. Good luck!