Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Emm labs DCC2 DAC of the Century vs Preamp Deal of the Century?...

Have anyone tried the Emm Labs DCC2 with and without the Supratek?...Does the DCC2 sound better direct or via the Preamp of the Century?....

Alot of audiogoner thinks that the DCC2 is the real deal...but will the Preamp deal of the Century makes it sound better...?..

I have not heard the DCC2 yet, nor have I heard the Supratek. I hope my Supratek will be done soon..:-)..
Cello - Don't the Grange and Cortese have the same phono stage? Ask Mick to be sure. I think the difference between the two is the linestage portion.
Has anyone tried Phillips "miniwatt" 6sn7GTB's in your Supratek? Also have any of you tried Phillips KT66's in the regulator position. I know the Genelex is supposed to be the best KT66, but I was wondering what the phillips might sound like.
Hi Slowhand. Yes... I have used it and would say it is a decent tube, but to be candid here.... certainly nothing to write home about. The best GTB tube I have used in the syrah is the GE 6sn7gtb sidegetter. They are very plentiful,inexpensive[relatively speaking here] and come in both brown base and blackbase versions. They really are a honey of a tube in the Syrah, very well balanced tonally with a very solid bass punch. Perhaps a little on the sweeter side of neutral.... however, bang for the buck... ya can't beat em! They can be sourced just about anywhere for not much more than the price of a new pair of sovtek or the Chinese equivalents.
Ecclectique,

How does the GE 6sn7GTA compare to the GTB in sound? I have a guy that is putting together a pair of each for me. Would the GTA's be worth getting, or should I just stick with the GTB's?