Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Well guys, a little bad news. The WE 350b's came today, and shit, one's screwed. So much for that. At least the seller indicated in his ad that he offered money-back if something was wrong with them. I'm going to take them and get them checked before I send them back, just to be sure.

This sucks. The only good thing that happened because of it was that I tried some of my other 6l6 tubes. I put in a set of NOS Sylvania Jan 6l6wgb's, and they sound better than the Tungsols. Go figure....
Hi Kenji,

l ordered a Cabernet several months back that is now ready for shipment. In Micks email from last week he said "it is sounding superb- we just had another creative burst with it and it is even more involving". l am guessing my unit will have the PX4's as a shipment of these held up delivery of my amp.

Hopefully next week l will have it.

Cheers Simon
Me? I'm still waiting for my Chenin. Up to 7 months as of 10/29. Ordered on 3/29...
Mondie,

I hope you'll receive the Cab next week! Mine will be shipped just before X'mas (if according to schedule). I hope the stock tubes are good as tube rolling is not really my cup of tea. I want to spend more time enjoying music. Of course, this will change if someone can tell me there are killer tubes out there for the Cab...:-))

I will pair the Cabernet with Plinius SA-102. Source front is a Wadia WT3200 transport + Electrompanient ECD-1 DAC and a Sony SCD-XA777ES. I am using the SA-102 to drive a pair of ATC-50PSL (passive) speakers.

Cheers, Kenji
Kenji ans Simon,
I think you will be thrilled with this pre. I have had the Syrah, the Cortese, and now the Cabernet, and this is Mick's best work yet. Mine is set up for 6sn7's and the round plate, black glass Tungsols sound the best( big news there). It is just a little better in every parameter. Bass is more tuneful,stronger and faster. Mids are VERY pure, and the top end is just like the rest of the supratek pre's, superb. The soundstage is what octal tubes do best, no real pinpoint images here, but a well defined stage with great depth, even at the outsides. The new px4 tube will probably out live us all, and do have a nice glow to them. These preamps are just plain fun to own, not to mention the fraternity of owners. I think you will enjoy your purchase.