PrimaLuna DiaLogue Seven Speaker Match

Hey all

I'm looking to get my first component system, and I am totally in love with PrimaLuna's amp and preamp. My plan is to get they DiaLogue Seven monoblocks, as well as the DiaLogue Three preamp.

My source will be vinyl or my iPhone/iPod.

My musical tastes are mainly rock, metal, bluegrass, alt-country, and folk.

I'm not worried about deafening anyone -- I just want good, solid, organinc musical reproduction.

With that said, does anyone have any speaker recommendations for a full PrimaLuna rig? I'm sure Thiel CS3.7s sound glorious, but is something like that -- which wants 300-600 watts of power -- "too much speaker" for these amps?

Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!
maurym
RCA NOS 12au7 black plates will take the PrimaLuna up a big notch. The 12ax7's that come with the unit are very good, and it will take a stretch to beat them. The PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven is miles ahead of most tube amps; just as you can set your bath water to the precise temperature, you can roll the tubes in the PrimaLuna for a precise sound.
if you go for the Wadia the newer 171 is supposed to be more IPOD/Phone compatible than the 170 . Also, there are supposed technical improvements over the 170. Just ordered one - sale at MusicDirect.com
@orpheus- very good about the oringinal 12ax7 , i rolled them with mullared reisuues and it was not a good thing , i switched back asap. Do you have any advise for the pre amp stage of 12 au 7.I currently am using the tubes originally for the spirit amp 3 and somehow they didnt improce much they are NOS philips which are probably RCA greyplates.
Mullard NOS 1950 are incredible but expensive , i changed them with ayon oringinals and i was sent to musical heaven!
12AU7 RCA Clear top, (always matched pairs) at Brent Jesse for $69 a pair. They also have Black Plates for $50 a pair. At those prices you might get both and compare.

Brent Jesse's got good ears for tubes, that's why I use him exclusively. If you're patient and lucky, you can talk to him.
I agree with Orpheous10, I bought the 12AU7 RCA Cleartop side getter for my Dialogue 1, took it way up and it was not subtle. Everything was much, much better.