Rega Brio-R Break-in time.

I just bought the new Rega Brio-R integrated amp. This is the third day I am using it now. I have been trying to burn it in but only have about 20 hours on it so far. I have mixed feelings with it so far. Everything sounds great except for one part. The upper midrange and lower treble sounds shrill, bright, and thin. It is unnatural. I wince when the T's and S's come on with singers. And with any instrument in that range it also sounds unnaturally bright. I'll give it another 100 hours or so. I really hope it changes with break in because the amp does so many other things right. My fingers are crossed.
Anyone else have any experience with Rega gear during break in?
mezzanine
has it gotten any better? I am getting the Brio-R and the Apollo this week and using them with my B&W 685's...I have heard the break in takes a while hope your systems finally leveled off
Sorry, I noticed I never responded back on this thread. I actually sold the Brio-R after about 5 weeks of use. I liked almost everything it did. But in my system at least, it was still a little too bright for me if I am honest. Maybe I needed a longer break in time? Most people like the Brio-R and for good reason. So I really can not knock it because it did most things as good as any under $2000 integrated I have heard. For me those S and T sounds need to be really smooth otherwise they bother me. Like I said before everyone hears a little bit different so I would recommend to anyone looking in this price range to give the Brio-R a try. My guess is that most people will love it. Besides, Rega is a great audio company.
Unfortunately, I think my ears agree with Mezzanine. I just replaced my hk3490 with Brio-R today. The sound has improved measurably across the board. Finally, my Vienna Acoustic Bach 6ohm speakers have come alive! There's more detail, more composure, more control, and the bass has gone from bloated mush to firm and taut; EXCEPT --and I really hate to say it --- I can't listen to this damn thing! I keep turning the volume down, the brightness just gives me a headache...

I listened to some vinyl, which calmed things a little. Then I spun Getz Au Go Go and I realized it -- the coupe de grace for me -- somehow the magic had gone mostly missing from the sax of Stan Getz and the voice of Astrud Gilberto. Honestly, they sounded a little dry, boring, and absent the smoothness/sweetness I'm use to hearing.

I plan on running the Brio-R all week to see if either my ears adjust or it breaks in; if not. I'm pretty sure I have a 30 day return policy to make use of.

So.. recommendations for an integrated for $500-1000 with a smooth/lush-neutral character anyone?
The Bach's are really nice speakers. I personally don't think the Rega is a good match up for Vienna speakers. For $500-1000. That's a tough one. You want something powerful, yet smooth and clear for the Vienna's. If you can find a used Primare I21 I would go for that. Heard it together one time and sounded good. NAD might work well. Arcam is smoother than Rega. Oh I know, this is just a hunch but there is on sale right now on Audio Advisor website a Vincent Audio integrated amp. 100 watts and a tube preamp stage with 4 tubes! I bet anything you will like it. If not they have a 30 day return policy. Regularly $1500 on sale for $1000 right now. It will give you the current that the Viennas need and the warmth you are looking for. Let me know what you decided. Good luck!