Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I'm not familiar with your amp, but the speakers are definately not up to the level of your pre and source electronics.
Have you guys heard that Mick is working on a Tube DAC. If Mick is on the case, there may be hope for CD's yet.
Hi Swampwalker, thanks for your comments.
Frankly, I thought so too... that's why I decided to upgrade all my components. I can't wait to change everything in one go but there are other considerations in life other than audio, although it's my second love after my wife and children. Over the past 18 months, I've patiently changed my CD player, preamp and cables (to Audience PowerChord and AU24 system-wide). I'll eventually change my amp and speakers too but I only have one chance with each because of WAF and $$$! After the upgrades, I would have to wait a few more years before bringing up the upgrade subject to my other half. While waiting, I would just have fun and enjoy what I have and could affford. Hehehe...
Please recommend matching speakers and amp (preferably tube) that would go well with the rest of my other components?
Your room is a bit small, so I am thinking monitors or small footprint full range speakers. For the latter, maybe VR 4jrs or Vandy 2ce sigs and a 2WQ sub. Used, either of those would keep you well under budget. At $3.5k for a tube amp, you could get a used, stock Berning ZH-270, or nice pair of Cary monoblocks if you end up with high eff. speakers. Check w/Bobby @ Merlin as to whether your room is too small for the VSMs. He will be happy to talk to you even if you are looking in the used market. If not, the Supratek/Berning/Merlin combo is generally highly regarded in these parts. There is a VAC tube amp that is for sale now, that you could team with 2ce sigs and still stay w/in your budget of $3.5K and stay under budget.
slowhand:

i've exchanged a few emails with mick regarding the dac he is working on. price point he had in mind was about $500 max which is an excellent price if it's up to the level of his preamps. he didn't mention it being tubed though he did related that it's non-oversampling with a unique i/v stage and output. unfortunately, i recently acquired a 47 labs shigaraki transport and dac. still, i might give the supratek dac a try whenever it surfaces.

kevin t