Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I haven't posted to this thread since recieving my Chenin, because, quite frankly.... I'm speechless!!

Everything folks have been saying is true in the extreme.

I'm not even going to THINK about tube rolling for at least 200 hours on it however.
Another speaker that I am considering is the Gallo Nucleus Reference III. I will audition it this Saturday at the local distributor's demo place. I like the price too. Read that it can be used in small rooms. Anyone tried this speaker in small rooms matched with tube amps?
Ethifi,

I heard the Ref 3 in a dealers showroom hooked to my Berning ZH270 tube amp. The speakers were not fully broken in, but they did sound very good. I already own the Gallo Ref 2's so I was not totally blown away (because I am used the the excellent sound of Gallo speakers). You will need to experiment with placing the woofers to the outside and the inside to determine which is better in your situation. I love my Gallo Ref 2's with my Berning amp and Supratek Syrah pre. This combo makes for a very fast and a very musical system. I have considered getting a pair of the Ref 3's, but I love the looks of my Ref 2's, so I am not sure if I will change speakers.
Just curious if anyone else ever tried replacing the stock pot with the DACT.

When I put the DACT in, I also rewired the input straight from the CD RCA directly to the DACT, by-passing the selector switch. (I only use one source)

I still can't believe the difference in transparency.

I have been considering trying some V Caps in my pre. Anyone had experience with them yet?
Just received my Chardonnay (beautiful!), set it up as per instruction manual but there is *** NO SOUND *** coming from the speakers. Stock tubes are lit. I unplugged the IC from my current preamp and hooked up only 1 input (SACD player) via Input 1 and have tried output via both Output 1 and 2 on different tries, but still no different. Anyone knows why? Thanks.