Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I was wondering if anyone has tried the cryo'd SED tubes from tube depot. Specifically the 6l6gc in the regulator position. For some strange reason I just found that site tonight.

Larry,

And any others who have the 6c45pi phono tube. He has Sovtek 6c45pi's. 19.95 each.
Excellent news guys. Looks like Audiogon has made pages available on threads now! Now very long ones like this can actually be read by people on slow connections/machines. And we'll all see a noticeable performance improvement too! Kudos!
Well, I just recieved 2 more pair of Phillips miniwatt GZ34's. One pair is the metal base labeled Adzam (looks and sounds just like my other Phillips miniwatt(which is labeled Phillips Miniwatt). The other pair is the Phillips miniwatt GZ34 with black base (smooth plates, double getter). This should set me up for reciters for life. I only got to listen to the new tubes long enough to make sure they worked (they are a Christmas gift), but the black base tube sounds very good for less money than the metal base.

I can't belive this thread has gotten so big that Audiogon has had to seperate it into pages. WOW! Anyone out there expecting their preamps before Christmas? Mick told me that he has the new DAC on the back burner until after the first of the year, as he is trying to get as many preamps done before Christmas a he can.
Hi, as this is my first venture into tubes, I need your help again. I'm planning on ordering some NOS tubes from a guy for my new Chardonnay.
(1) New Mullard GZ34 NOS, NIB, Double Halo Getter, black, small base.
Factory Date Codes of f32 B2I
Balanced to within 1.4%.
Tested (62,61) on a TV7 tester where 40 is the minimum.
(2) Used Tungsol 6L6WGB brown base, made for GE.
Measured 80% of new tubes.

Are these any good?