Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
My Cabernet is on its way! My Cabernet is on its way!
It'll arrive just before X'mas (crossing my fingers now). I hope FedEx will do a good job and pleeeease don't screw up my X'mas!

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year,
Kenji
Great news Kenji,

Santa has been good to you this Christmas! Enjoy the Cabernet and let us know your impressions if you can pull yourself away from it.
Happy Holiday Season to all of you in the Supratek family.
Great Pre-amp, Great thread and Great group of goners.
Thanks to Tom for getting this all started and to the rest of you for keeping it going.
Warmest Regards,
Larry
Help! No sound is coming out from my new Cabernet. I called Mick and followed his instruction, all toggle switches (HT & Mute switches) were switched towards front, RCA/XLR output toggle switch to RCA (since I'm using only RCA ICs), input position to #2 (#1 is XLR input, in fact I had tried all positions), but still no sound coming out! Mick is still on holiday and it's difficult to get hold of him. Interconnects were checked thoroughly and all tubes were lit up but the Cab did want to sing. I would send the unit back to Mick if it sill doesn't work.

Kenji
Problem solved! Checked all the tubes again and found the 6SN7's were dead cold - unplugged umblical cord and reconnected it, still dead cold but the rest of the tubes were okay. Unplugged umblical cord and reverse it, the side connected to preamp initially now connected to the power supply unit and vice versa. Bingo! Everything lights up and the Cab started to sing (including myself ^_^). Anyway, still have two minor issues that I need to solve them with Mick when he is back to work.

Cheers,
Kenji