Good budget tube amp?

So, I've been wanting to upgrade to a good tube amp for a long time now. Currently, I've got a pair of Totem Rainmakers and an NAD C375BEE. I'm thinking about selling the NAD and getting a tube amp instead. My question--can I get something good for 1k or less? I've listened to a Rogue Audio amp that I loved and am trying to find something similar in quality. I've been told to look at Dynaco, but as I don't have much familiarity with them, I'm not sure exactly what to look for. If someone could point me in the right direction with some model names to look for, or even a good site that has information on Dynaco/other budget tube amps so I can learn a bit more about what's out there, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xrossbernstein
Music reference RM-10. Magical little tube amp. I run one upstairs with totem model 1 sigs and joule la 150 and it sounds very very nice.
BTW, thanks for your very gracious compliments! One more point: This audio business is a funny thing. Sometimes things that just "shouldn't" work manage to sound better than, as some say, "they have any right to". Other circuits and executions look like the bees' knees on paper or upon physical inspection, and for some reason you may never figure out, just sound like doggie-doo. Credit should also be given to those old-timey engineers, who because of their deep knowledge, had their ways to pull a rabbit out of the hat. The trick may not be evident to modern day analysts! This is what makes the hobby "fun"(?).
I was wandering down this road some months back, and finally ended up contracting out to Jim Nicholls to build me a tube amplifier at a very good price. I am very happy with the finished product. He employs a modified seesaw circuit to good effect. His webpage can be seen here:

http://jwnamplifiers.vpweb.com/
Sabocat59, I'd be curious to hear how this not-so-common (in contemporary gear) front end compares in sonic characteristics to those of today's more familiar circuit solutions. Can you compare pluses and minuses? And what tube complement did you choose to go with?
OK. I have not spoken to a JWN amp owner who is unhappy. Sonically speaking, his amps are quite amazing. The highs are lush, the mids are to die for, and there is ample bass. There is an added dimension-an almost holographic soundstage display, practically three-dimensional.

My amp uses 8 output tubes. I am currently using EH 6CA7 variety, although the amp will take EL-34's, KT-88's, etc. It weighs 85 lbs and has huge Baldwin amp transformers. It is auto-bias.

For a detailed explanation of the circuitry, check out this review by Dick Olsher:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1010/master_builder.htm

It is basically a grounded cathode input stage with a floating paraphase phase splitter. For contemporary reference, the $18K Esoteric A-100 uses a similar modified circuit.

I paid $1,500.00 LOL. Oh and did I say it sounds great?