Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks Ongkaku, enjoy your Cabernet...it only gets better! That must be why Mick named his preamps after wines, they only get better with age.
Congrats Ongaku.

Great to see you got your problems sussed. l had a similar experience with mine, no sound initially until l dicked around with the toggles and got it working. Havent touched them since!

How much did the Genalux KT-66's cost? Sound like a nice upgrade.

Cheers Simon
Thank you to Ecclectique, Cello ,Slowhand , Cello , Mondie and Pablovila ( nice story-never heard of that happening before) for the replies and reassurance.Now the hard part will be deciding which one. I take Slowhand's point about the Cortese and vinyl-like a fool I got rid of my table some years ago but not the records ( CD- perfect sound forever -hah!).So hopefully will re-enter the vinyl world. The Grange no longer appears on Mick's website-I will contact him but does anyone know if he still makes them?
Also , a constant theme in the thread is the value of tube rolling after breakin. In New Zealand, not a huge availability.I havefound upscaleaudio.com ; any other sources.Thanks again for the replies.
Regards,
Kevin
Kevin,
You are welcome. Do let us know how you make it out and for sure when you get your Cortese or Grange.
You can always get tubes shipped from the U.S.. Email me off line when you get your pre-amp and I will send you some sources for NOS tubes.
Not to worry on getting rid of your table. There have been all kinds of great advances and you have probably done yourself a favor by starting over again. Check out Teresaudio.com when you have time and check the threads on Audiogon related to Teres. There are plenty of other great tables available and you should be able to get some great advice on Audiogon.