Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Jay461: swap signal tubes left-right to see of the crackle follows the tubes. Do the same with the regulator tubes, just to be sure. It really sounds like the signal tubes to me.
Dsiggia: Might try rolling the regulators and rectifiers also. The tung-sol 5881 is ok, but you can do better. Might want to try the 6f6g, kt-66, or 6l6g. You should give the ken-rad 6sn7gt a try also.
Hi Wc65mustang, No insult taken whatsoever. In fact, I very much appreciate your comments. And my questions about the MMF 7 come from the fact that I suspected what you said about it. This is why I initially asked about the linestage only supratek, but all the comments about the phone stage have me reconsidering what I might do. If the Chenin would be a significant improvement in the line stage over my modified AN M2, then I could go with that and later sell my MMF 7 & Audion phono stage to purchase a turntable worthy of the Supratek.

Like you said, I need to email Mick. Because if the Sauvignon line is a lot better than the line in the Chenin, then I'm tempted to go with it and save the phono upgrades for a later time.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback; it's been very helpful. I'm pretty set with the AN Quest Silvers and the Zingali speakers, but everything else is subject to upgrades. So if I may impose further, do you have any recommendations or suggestions about a Turntable that would go well with the Supratek?

Again, I really appreciate your honest assessment. Anything else wouldn't really be helpful.

Bill
Bill:
I have no suggestions for a turntable that will match with a Supratek. What's important is the match among the turntable, tonearm, and cartridge. If that works, everything else is gravy.
Cabernet transformer or capacitor coupled ? Jazzdude : thanks a lot for your message. Following an email from Mick, I think the Cabernet is transformer coupled. But my english is not perfect (and I don't want to disturb him too much !) : could a Supratek expert confirm this ??? Anyway, thanks for your input. It really make me want to buy it. Best regards.