Amp for JBL 250 Ti

I'm about to purchase a nice mint pair of 250 Ti's in black piano lacquer. What's the perfect amlifier companion for them? They love power don't they? I'm looking for a huge, powerful dynamic sound with BIG BASS and smooth highs. The room is aprox. 40 sq. meters.
antonkk
Thanx! It's strange I always thought the opposite - that autoformers work great if the impendance is stable at 4 or 8 Ohms for example and don't work so nice with a heavy load like B&W (my 6900 went to powerguard with 802D's several times a day and generally sounded like crap - the same amp gave me tons of pleasure with JBL L150).
Autoforms in Mcintosh amplifiers give the end user the option to match low impedance curve speakers to the amplifier autoformer transformer and be able to operate the amplifier safely. As far as sound quality with Autoformers thats a whole other debate on AK you can read about.
I think matching a speaker to an Mc autoformer amplifier becomes a little more experimental for optimum sound. You need to spend time taping your speakers to the different terminals and listening for the best results.

I have heard of some owner bi-wiring in this example - taking two of the four speaker wires, taping to the 4 ohm terminals/com & connecting one set of terminals at the speaker - taking the other two speaker wires, taping them to the 8 ohm terminal/com & connecting to the other set of terminals at the speaker. I only read about this and I would get more guidance from Mcintosh before attempting this.

Autoformers add additional cost to the amplifier. I think you would be better off putting more $ in clean power than having an autoformer type power amplifier. JBL was never know to build low impedance speakers and if anything were always very stable and built for gobs of power.

BUMP! At the moment I'm choosing between Mac 452 and Electrocompaniet 250 or maybe 400. Any opinions?